Invisalign : The Alternative to Metal Braces
Metal braces are often referred to as ‘train tracks’ and although considered unattractive and bulky at one time, they have seen a resurgence in popularity over recent years due to a change in the image and association with celebrity wearers.
Braces are no longer worn solely by children and teenagers these days either but an increasing number of adults are opting for them in order to straighten their teeth and achieve the smile that may have alluded them as a teenager.
New teeth straightening and aligning technology means there are many dental options available today for achieving straighter and more uniform smiles. Some of these options are the traditional ceramic brackets (also known as ‘train tracks’) offered by orthodontists, Lingual Orthodontics which a virtually invisible brace being worn behind teeth and the more recent and popular Invisalign treatment which uses clear almost invisible aligners being worn over teeth to straighten them.
Dental treatment costs will vary depending on which tooth straightening treatment you choose or require and also the extent of rectification involved in straightening of teeth for each individual
The availability of clear invisible braces has been a fairly recent transformation and has certainly proved to be a popular choice with increasing numbers of patients opting for this treatment of choice. The reason for this is because Invisalign has many benefits compared to traditional methods such as Metal Braces.
Some of the benefits of Invisalign are:
- The smooth material used for manufacturing the aligners means no pain or rubbing or on the teeth and gums and therefore increased comfort for the wearer
- computer technology and custom manufacturing means you get a better fit and therefore a more predictable final result for straighter teeth
- The aligners can be removed when flossing or brushing teeth so there is no issue with food being trapped in braces as often is the case with metal braces. This means there is a reduced chance of tooth decay and poor oral hygiene
- The Invisalign aligners can be removed when drinking and eating so you wont be restricted by what you can eat or drink during the course of treatment
- Reduced Treatment time compared with traditional metal braces
For more information on Invisalign and teeth straightening treatments, listen to some of our patients discussing their dental treatment and recommend a good Derby dentist
You can spread the cost of cosmetic dentistry treatments and Invisalign with Dental Finance